Ubisoft just launched the 1.7 update for Tom Clancy’s The Division. Its avaliable on the typical PS4, Xbox One and PC systems.
The long awaited update will bring a few updates such as:
- Global Events – The update will introduce a new event system that will challenge players to find new ways to play through time-limited activities featuring new gameplay modifiers. New Events will be available regularly and grant exclusive rewards upon completion. Players will also be able to activate additional modifiers for some missions and incursions, adding an extra layer of challenge that gives them a chance to yield more rewards.
- Commendations – Previously called Feats, Commendations are a new built-in achievement system that will provide players with a series of tasks and subsequent rewards.
- Encrypted Caches – Caches are loot boxes with random customisation items and emotes inside. Players will be able to obtain Caches by gathering keys in the world, or purchase them with Premium Credits.
- New Gear and Customisation Options – New gear includes Classified Gear sets, new facemasks and Arm Patches. Players will also be able to re-customise their agents for free at the Barbershop.
- Survival DLC improvements – New scoring items will allow players to achieve higher scores. The reward economy has also been reworked so that time investment is more on par with other activities.
The Update is one of two free updates that will come out this year. Apart from this update the dev team has been commited to continuously improving the game with gameplay and quality updates that should be coming in the months to come. The event, Outbreak, will start today August 15th and end on the 22nd. It will “challenge palyer with the new enemy behaviour due to the severity of the virus outbreak.”
The second expansion, Survival will be free this weekend from August 18th to the 20th on all platforms. It of course adds the Survival mode which is a whole new way to play the game, more on that in this article.